5 TIPS FOR CHILDREN’S DENTAL HEALTH MONTH
February is Children’s Dental Health Month and we want to make sure that your child is practicing their best healthy habits! First, here’s a couple statistics:
- Childhood tooth decay is 5 times more common than asthma and 7 times more common than hay fever.
- Tooth decay affects more than one-fourth of U.S. children aged 2-5 years and half of those aged 12-15 years.
- Children should begin regular dental visits at age one.
At Kellogg Dental, our goal is to ensure that your child gets the proper care they deserve. We hope that these 5 tips will help your kiddos get on the right track:
- Brush for two minutes, 2 times per day!
- Limit sugary snacks & drinks between meals. Eat healthy!
- Establish good dental hygiene habits early. When your child is 12 months old, you can begin using toothpaste when brushing his or her teeth.
- When the gaps between children’s teeth close, it’s important to start flossing.
- Visit Kellogg Dental for regular family checkups and ask about sealants & fluoride!
Let’s work together in making sure today’s children get the right care and treatment. After all, preventative dentistry is the smarter way to go!
We’d love to get your family scheduled for a healthy mouth cleaning. Click here to get started!
Download our KIDS BRUSHING CHECKLIST below to help your kids stay on track!