I’ve wanted to be a dentist ever since I was a young boy. At a very young age, I fell and broke my tooth. I did everything I could to not tell anyone, but eventually, my mother found out and I was rushed to my dad’s dental office. My father and his assistant took the time to sit beside me and calm my fears. They made me feel at home. The treatment I receive left a lifelong impact. The Hometown Dental team provides that same caring experience and makes dentistry fun and easy for everyone like my dad did for me that day so long ago.
Being the fourth generation in my family to work in the healthcare industry, I have a legacy to continue. My great-grandfather, John Harvey Kellogg, MD, invented Kellogg Corn Flakes breakfast cereal. He was a pioneer in health and believed that dentistry was essential to a person’s well-being. He believed that having the ability to properly chew and digest one’s food, consume healthy foods, is basic to life. Now, I am a dentist like my father and grandfather before me.
The patients who come to my team and me are incredible individuals. We love to see them excel in their lives and our practice supports their success by helping them feel better, look better, and smile more often with a big healthy smile.
Our patients entrust us with their health, maintenance and the restoration of their mouths. We do not take that responsibility lightly and do all we can to ensure that their treatment achieves amazing results.
We love what we do. There are few professions wherein an individual is allowed to be such an active participant in changing lives for the better. We will take great care of you!
- Michigan State University
- University of Michigan Dental School, Doctorate of Dental Surgery
- University of Washington Tucker Institute, post-graduate extended programs
- Ohio State University, mini residency in prosthetics
- University of Minnesota, post-graduate program in aesthetic dentistry
I am a staunch advocate of continuing education, no matter what one’s profession. This is especially true for those in the oral healthcare field, where there are medical and technological advancements on a seemingly daily basis. As a dentist, it is my duty to ensure my patients receive the most effective care available, and I can only make sure that happens by staying at the forefront of my field. I am continually seeking out education offerings in dental care to hone my skills and increase my knowledge.
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Academy for Sports Dentistry
- Michigan Dental Association
- Detroit District Dental Society
- Christian Dental Society
- Francis B. Vedder Society
- Delta Sigma Delta, Dental Fraternity
I am also a staff member at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Howell.
- Fellowship in the American Academy of General Dentistry
- Mastership in the American Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellowship in the International Academy of Dental Implantology
- Michigan Eagle Scout of the Year
- Senior Dental Student of the Year, American Academy of General Dentistry, University of Michigan Dental School
- Ohio State University Graduate Mini-residency in Prosthetics
- University of Minnesota Graduate Esthetic program
- Tucker Institute
- People’s Choice Winner – Best Dentist in Livingston County 7 years
I was born and raised in Howell, Michigan. After graduating from Howell High School, I attended Michigan State University for my undergrad and the University of Michigan Dental School. After graduating from Dental School, I returned to Howell because of my family ties, the benefits of raising a family in a hometown community, and the memories I created growing up here. When I’m not caring for patients, you will find me spending time with family, attending charity events, or playing golf and tennis. Family is very important to me. I look forward to the times I spend with my daughters, Laura and Hannah, my son, Ryan, granddaughters, Olivia and Cloee. My parents taught me to be grateful and appreciative. My parents volunteered with many organizations giving service and time to making others’ lives better. As a young boy my weekends involved helping others.
As an adult, I am actively involved with my church and have led multiple Dental Mission trips to South America. Cooking has become a passion of mine over the years and have attended many overseas culinary schools to expand my skills including Barcelona, Valencia, the Basque Country in Spain, and throughout France.